Anyone over 18 years of age may participate in the contest with the exception of employees of MYND Hotels and Canarian Photo Awards, their associated companies and employees of any company chosen to sponsor the contest prizes. Members of the jury may not participate either.
The photographs will be submitted online through the contest website.
A maximum of four photographs may be submitted per category.
Images may be captured in digital format only.
There are no date and time restrictions on when the images were taken.
Canarian Photo Awards reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not meet the following requirements:
- You are the sole owner and author of each photograph.
- You confirm that each person depicted in the photograph has granted permission to be portrayed, unless copyright laws in your jurisdiction allow the photographing of persons in a public place without consent.
- Your photo does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, or pornographic content.
- Your photo does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or violate any law.
- Your photograph does not infringe the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, nor does it violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity.
- The presented photographs cannot have been awarded in any other contest.
- Your photo will not include images that you have purchased or which you have obtained the rights to use.
- You will accept the decision of the judges and agree on not to contact any judge directly in relation to your photos, nor participate in attacks on the judges or the judging process in any way, including social media.
- You agree to fully indemnify Canarian Photo Awards from all penalties, fees and any other owed money to any person for failure to comply with any of the requirements listed above.
Files must meet the following requirements:
- sRGB color space.
- Minimum dimension must be 2500 pixels on the longest side.
- jpg format.
- No Watermarks / Copyright Units / Logos on images.
- Unframed photos only.
- Maximum file size 100 megapixels.
A certain degree of editing and post-production of the image is allowed, always at the discretion of the jury. In case of doubt, the Jury may ask the finalists for the original file, without editing, of any of the photographs (Raw file). This file will be used only to demonstrate ownership of the image and to examine the degree of editing of the image.
Editing in terms of panoramic stiching, HDR, black and white is allowed. It is not allowed to add or delete elements that do not appear in the scene.
Contestants who do not meet these eligibility criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified without the right to appeal.
Registration fees are made in euros and will be paid by credit card or PayPal. Follow the instructions when the image upload is completed.
The categories in which you can participate and their rates will be:
- Landscape: €25 – Photographs of natural landscape, leaving aside, industrial environments or any other anthropogenic landscape.
- Aerial photo / Drones: €20 – Aerial photographs taken from aircraft, drones, balloons, gliders, etc. in flight, including panoramic.
- Fauna: €20 – Photographs of all kinds of animal species, insects, mammals, birds, underwater world, etc. in its natural environment.
- Night Photography and Astrophotography: €20 – Any photograph taken after dusk and before dawn, the Milky Way, stars, galaxies, nebulae, artificial lighting, etc… Sunsets or Sunrises will not be accepted in this category.
- Canarian World: €15 – Photographs taken in the Canary Islands and its surroundings, with special emphasis on customs, traditions and clearly distinguishable elements belonging to the Canarian culture, landscape and ethnology. In case of doubt, it must be possible to demonstrate that it has been taken within the Canary Islands.
- These prices will have a reduction depending on the time of presentation of the works, encouraging the earliest participations, as follows:
- For participating between July 1st and August 31st, 15% of the rate will be discounted.
- For participating between September 1st and November 31st, 10% of the rate will be discounted.
- From December 1st on, the full rate will be charged.
Each entry grants the right to send 4 photographs for each chosen category, being able to participate in several or all of them by paying the corresponding fee.
The registration period will end on December 31 at 11:59 p.m.
Canarian Photo Awards reserves the right to extend these dates at any time depending on participation.
The dates and rates will appear at all times on the contest website https://canarianphotoawards.com/
You can continue to add photos while the entry period is open. Once the participation is closed, no more photographs can be modified or added.
COPYRIGHTS AND RIGHTS OF USE
The participants must be the sole owners of the copyright of the photographs and will be fully responsible for the absence of third-party rights in the works presented, as well as any claim for image rights.
The rights of the photographs will belong exclusively to the author of the photograph.
Of the awarded or finalist photographs, the organization, the sponsors and the collaborating companies reserve the right to reproduce the images for publicity of the event, contest, sponsors and awards ceremony, as well as their reproduction in traveling exhibitions, always naming the author of the photograph.
The participants will assign the non-exclusive rights of the photographs for promotion on social media of future photographic contests and events, always naming the author of the photograph.
All participants must declare that they have read and understood the privacy and security policies contained in the ” legal web information” section.
The cash prizes will be paid by check, which will be handed out at the awards ceremony, in case of not being able to attend it, a bank transfer will be made. Any fees incurred for foreign currency transfers will be deducted from the total. There are no alternatives available for prize winners. The appropriate taxes established by the Spanish law will be deducted.
The prizes will be:
- €4,000 + Trophy + one week B&B stay in a hotel of the MYND chain, for the overall winner.
- €1,000 + Gold Medal + 3-day B&B stay in a hotel of the MYND chain for the best photograph in each of the categories.
- Silver distinctions in each category.
- Honorable mentions in each category.
- The participants who result awarded with a distinction in any category will be invited to the awards ceremony that will take place on February 11th, 2023 at the MYND Yaiza Hotel in Lanzarote (transport or accommodation is not included).
- The photographs of the overall winner of the contest will not be eligible for the prizes awarded independently to each of the categories.
- The organization may always increase (through collaboration with sponsors) the financial award in each category, giving due account for it both on social media and on the contest website.
The jury will be composed of renowned professional photographers, a representative of each of the sponsors and a supervisor.
The jury phase will be carried out blindly. Members will individually award a score to each photo, the sum of these scores will be used to select the 20 finalists in each category. Subsequently, the prizes for each category will be decided jointly.
The overall winner will be decided by assessing the set of all their submitted works, as well as the artist participation in several categories.
Images will be judged on artistic merit, originality, theme, and style. Photographs that convey values of respect for the environment, ecology and sustainability will be positively valued.
The jury’s decision will be final.
Members of the jury:
- Daniel Kordan
- Mads Peter Iversen
- Nigel Danson
- Kilian Schöberger
- Isabella Tabacchi
- Néstor Rodan
- Jesús M. García
- Javier Alonso Torre
- Luis Miguel Azorín
- Mario Rubio
Jury coordinator: Justo Gómez.
- Contest opening: July 1st, 2022.
- Contest participation closing: December 31st, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- Notification of finalists (possibility of requesting RAW files): January 10th, 2023.
- Maximum date of submission of RAW files: January 17th, 2023.
- Winners notification: January 22nd, 2023.
- Awards ceremony: February 11th, 2023.
These dates may be modified according to the availability of the jury. Any changes will be announced on the website and social media.